StatCounter

Friday 7 August 2009

The intolerance of the left

I have blogged previously (most recently here) about the intolerance of the left when faced with argument and two videos I have seen very recently brought this home to me.

The first is from America where the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) held a meeting in Dallas on 4 August and the facilitator says
"You'll notice on the agenda we've called it a "listening session", that's because we want to hear from you as well as tell us what we're working on."
As soon as people disagree with something she says out comes the leftist whining aggression:
"Excuse me but I would really appreciate it if everybody could keep their comments quiet until there is time for the public, we're going to have .. questions and answers and I would appreciate some courtesy. Really, I mean this might be fun for you but this is not what we're doing today."
Do keep watching as you see various AARP facilitators walk out of the meeting and take their microphone with them.


Listening to the lady facilitator have her rant it struck me that there was another piece of video of a leftist getting aggressive when someone dared to question them. It was some video from a while back of Sion Simon reacting very aggressively to some fair questioning from the Sky interviewer.

"Just let me finish. Let me finish. Let me explain.'ang on! Do you want me to, do you want me to explain or not?!... Do you want me to explain? Right then, be quiet then while I speak."
What a charmer and he's now in government with some responsibility for digital media...


In case you missed it at the time, here's the Sion Simon satirical piece on David Cameron... Witty isn't it? I'd say a cross between Wilde and Swift; maybe not.

Guido links to Sion Simon's blog piece for the New Statesman in September 2007 which explains that
"shortly there will be an election, in which Labour will increase its majority, and in so doing utterly shatter the glass paradigm of cyclical politics which has contained us for the century since 1906. This ought to herald another decade of strong, confident, consensual Labour government. Which will finally and irrevocably transform the nature of politics and civic life in Britain."
and that:
"The young princes who now stride the parade ground with the confidence born of aristocratic schooling can never be afraid. They never have been. Like latter day Pushkins drilled in the elite academy of Brownian blitzkrieg, they are bursting with their sense of destiny. It’s not the Milibands, the Ballses or the Burnhams who are unconsciously nervous. This is the moment for which they were created. They are ready."
For what "the people" think of his piece, do read the comments...


The left: proudly democratic and ready to listen, so long as nobody dares to question them.


Thanks to Calling England for the American video and Guido Fawkes for the Sion Simon video.

1 comment:

Doubting Richard said...

I used that same AARP video to illustrate a slightly different aspect of the left, but the concepts fit well together.