StatCounter

Saturday 11 October 2008

Pipex

The major ISP Pipex seems to be experiencing major system problems this morning. I have heard reports from several people that their POP3 email has ceased to work and that the Pipex technical support telephone lines are jammed.

Of course Pipex have nothing about their current problems on their website, in fact the last problem they report runs like this:
"My Service Status
Time of Report:
22/07/2008 at 15:43:38
Last Update:
22/07/2008 at 15:43:38


Report

We are currently experiencing issues with Mailbox and Webspace management functions through www.mypipex.net. This issue is under investigation and we hope to resolve shortly. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused and thankyou for your patience. Pipex


Symptoms

Mypipex mailbox and webspace management functions are experiencing technical issues


Actions

Mypipex mailbox and webspace management functions are experiencing technical issues


We apologise for the inconvenience caused"
So that's two and a half months not to fix their mailbox and webspace management problems, it doesn't look good for Pipex's customers wanting to retrieve POP3 email in the near future.

So if adding a note to their website is beyond the Pipex technical team, have they considered an answerphone message or do they want to have x thousand people trying to call them and getting frustrated all day long?


I also hear that their bank payment taking system had a glitch this week whereby it took only a very small proportion of the correct monthly payment from a number of customers, I presume that the first many of these customers will know about this is when their account is suspended in a week or so's time. This is because Pipex will try and inform their customers via email, you remember email that doesn't work at the moment.

Pipex - "Better Business Broadband"?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just been speaking to "technical support" (geo phone numbers from saynoto0870.com: 020 33028407 /08 /09 /10 /11 /12) & they claim that the cause of the problem is known, but they don't yet know how to fix it. Sounds like a poor upgrade to me. I've had a go at both "customer service" and tech support about the lack of info on the website.

VERY VERY UNHAPPY.

I'm still technically a dialup customer coz I've been with Pipex since '96 & so the world & their wife has my e-mail address. Not sure they'll be keeping me much longer under any connectivity.

Not a sheep said...

Thanks for that info, Pipex have been really annoying me recently with their crap systems, both payment and technical. Please let me know if you get any more answers and I will do the same.

Anonymous said...

Thanks; same problems here too. We need a regulator to put them under pressure.

Anonymous said...

Not sure if this will help but.... after my email went down yesterday I changed all my account settings to replace any use of the '%' with an '@'

Guess what? Email burst back into life. Assume the servers have been changed and someone hasn't fold Tiscali that 000's of customers have unusual account formats.