StatCounter

Thursday 4 June 2009

Autoplaying video

I had a regular visitor complain last night about auto-playing video clips.

This is interesting, in a geeky sort of way, because I hadn't noticed that any annoying video was autoplaying on my site. But that could be because the only browser I normally use is Firefox with the Flashblock add-in. This add-in allows you to choose whether to play flash video or audio files so nothing autoplays.

Oddly I have IE set-up in a similar way but when I load my site the two videos that are not YouTube sourced do auto-play, which is rather irritating.

If you find yourself suffering with this problem then I suggest you swap to Firefox and Flashblock.


However in this case to keep a regular visitor happy, I have archived all posts over three days old so my site should now be pleasurably silent.

No comments: