StatCounter

Thursday 11 June 2009

"bizarre fashion trend to show off protruding nipples"

The Mail is perturbed by
"a growing band of women following a bizarre fashion trend to show off protruding nipples."
That link has pictures of Victoria Beckham who may or may not have started to follow this trend. The Mail reports that
"Some have gone so far as to have surgical augmentation, while others are said to wear 'stick-ons'.

Mrs Beckham's spokesman was last night adamant that neither was the case, and that a chilly wind was a more likely explanation. (The Met Office reported that yesterday's temperature was quite mild.)

Others suggested that she had opted for what fashionistas call 'nipplets', which are prosthetic breast covers which enhance size.

Retailers say they have proved extremely popular with British women after being worn by the character Samantha in U.S. comedy drama Sex And The City. "


Rubbish thought I, then I saw the photos of Heather Graham in The Mail and there they were, more prominent nipples.


I then did something that I am ashamed off, I googled - protruding nipples and the quantity of sites returned was beyond belief. The only one I felt able to visit and report on was this from 2005 that inform me that:
"Actress TERI HATCHER has been locked in constant battles with bosses of her TV show DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES - because her nipples are always protruding through her tops.

The 40-year-old actress admits she's a huge part of the problem with her ABC bosses, because her favourite kind of bra is one which shows of her nipples.

She says, "A good bra is a huge struggle to find. I like sheer bras that you can see my nipples through, but ABC has a big problem with those.

"But you know what? Since our show's a hit now, everyone seems to be perfectly happy with them and I haven't been getting any nipple notes. Cheers to my nipples!""

And now back to politics and economics... although I would like to say that I have absolutely nothing against protruding nipples.

No comments: