StatCounter

Friday 15 January 2010

Those 'endangered' polar bears

Examiner.com reports that:
"Harry Flaherty, chair of the Nunavut Wildlife Management Board in the capital of Iqaluit, says the polar bear population in the region, along the Davis Strait, has doubled during the past 10 years. He questions the official figures, which are based to a large extent on helicopter surveys.

“Scientists do a quick study one to two weeks in a helicopter, and don’t see all the polar bears. We’re getting totally different stories [about the bear numbers] on a daily basis from hunters and harvesters on the ground,” he says."
Do read the whole piece and understand that 'the polar bears are dying' is just another piece of warmist lying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always tried to make my kids aware of environmental issues and explain how we must all do our bit to reduce our carbon footprint, but seeing as the eldest is just 12 (the youngest 4)

I have often wondered if I am really getting through to them (after all they are the Xbox generation...) Something that has really struck home with them recently is when I was explaining to them about animals becoming extinct as a result of our actions, there was a really moving special feature about polar bears in their [URL="http://www.discoveryboxbooks.com"]DiscoveryBox book[/URL] this month, and I would really encourage this approach from introducing kids to becoming greener little munchkins. My eldest really wants to help out with this cause now and "take action" for the sake of the polar bears. An issue close to my heart and I think we have had a break through.

Also, in the World section, we learnt all about Nunavut! x

Not a sheep said...

Did you even read my article? Do you ever think for yourself or do you just accept the eco-propaganda that you are fed?