StatCounter

Monday 5 April 2010

What does John Prescott weigh?

Not a puerile question but one that is becoming quite interesting. Tory Landlord is all over the story that John Prescott claimed on Twitter that 'I'm actually 96 kilos and 72 years of age, for the record'. Well Tory Landlord points out that John Prescott is actually 71, his 72nd birthday not being until 31 May.

Tory Landlord then wonders
'For the non-Europhiles among us, 96 kilos is only just over 15 stone. That does seem a bit unlikely – unless he’s really short – because, let’s be honest, the bloke is fat. I asked around, and the general consensus seems to be that he is probably 5′8″-5′9″ (height, not width). So I helpfully put his details into a BMI calculator. At 96 kilos and 5′8″, his BMI is 32.2; at 5′9″ his BMI’s 31.3. Either way, he’s clinically obese. Shocker..


Now I weigh around 98 kilos and am around 5'9" tall and I look nowhere near the size of John Prescott. I am clearly not svelte and have a paunch and am clinically obese, but I cut nothing like the jowlly figure that John Prescott does. I cannot be sure but I do not believe that if I sat at the opposite end of a see-saw from John Prescott that I would end up other than up in the air.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

two tuns jags

Unknown said...

I met him. He's closer to 5'9" by far ;)!