StatCounter

Thursday 29 April 2010

BoobQuake

The Iranian cleric, Hojatoleslam Kazim Sadeghi's, claim last week that women who dress provocatively and tempt people into promiscuity are to blame for earthquakes was quite ridiculous, so I am pleased to see that it has spurred the blogosphere into creating BoobQuakes.

Jules Critenden has dipped more than a toe into these waters with a fine roundup.

Three Beers has some video that makes a point, or two.

Meanwhile Jennifer McCreight is determined to prove the Iranian cleric wrong.


'Since launching the "Boobquake" Facebook page two days ago, she has enlisted more than 20,000 women promising to show as much cleavage as possible on Monday, April 26.

If the world doesn't then disappear into an apocalyptic fiery chasm, then Sedighi will have no option but to admit he was wrong.

"On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own," Ms McCreight wrote.

"Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town.

"I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that's your preferred form of immodesty.

"With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake.

"If not, I'm sure Sedighi can come up with a rational explanation for why the ground didn't rumble."

And you can now make that number 21,000 - and rising fast.'


The French are taking the matter very seriously, as one would expect...
Le fantasme du "Boobquake"
Uploaded by Europe1fr. - News videos from around the world.


For my part, I give you Lane Bryant

1 comment:

Grant said...

I keep watching this advert over and over again. Do I need medical help ?