StatCounter

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Sorry I was wrong

Last week I tried to predict the date of the upcoming royal wedding. My prediction was based on the assumption that '...they want to try and have a sunny day' thus 'it will have to be no earlier than late May, no later than early September and preferably not in August when most of the wealthy decamp to their holiday homes in the Dordogne or Tuscany.

So my predictions did not start until the end of May whilst William and Kate/Katherine have plumped for 29 April.

So my predictions were way out and for that I apologise.


Moving on to look at 29 April, my first thought was that that was not a good day for a wedding being the day (in 1945) that Adolph Hitler married Eva Braun, they committed suicide the following day.

Wikipedia informs me that 29 April 2011 will be Jerry Seinfeld's 56th birthday, Daniel Day Lewis's 54th, Phil Tufnell's 45th and Uma Thurman & Andre Agassi's 41st - so that's part of the invitation list sorted out.

2 comments:

Craig said...

Apology accepted!

I think they're on to a good bet with late April.

Our weather has always been unpredictable, but - if my memory is working - Spring has for many a year had an uncanny British tendency to outshine Summer (except early September). I always take a week's holiday at the end of April/beginning of May, and I've usually been happy with the weather.

Despite a few years of dry, hot summers (which excited the AGW brigade!!), I remember rain, rain and more rain for my childhood summers - except for 1976 and 1983 -, and it's been rain, rain and more rain again for the last couple of years (especially here in the North West).

Then again, as we seem to be getting a bank holiday to celebrate the royal wedding it's probably going to be a case of "Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain!!"

(That said, the coincidence with the wonderful Jerry Seinfeld's birthday is surely a good omen. 'Seinfeld' was one of the funniest comedies ever - which is why the BBC put it out on BBC2 just before midnight. Idiots!)

Not a sheep said...

You are probably right. I am sure September and May are nicer (whatever nicer means) than July & August. 1976 & 1983 were very good summers but so was a large part of 1984 or maybe that is rose coloured spectacles - the latter two hot summers being somewhat formative...

Good to see you regularly contributing to Biased BBC, your analysis is much appreciated.