StatCounter

Friday 19 October 2007

Health fascism

I found this article on the web and wonder if these anti-smoking campaigners have nothing better to do with their lives. I hate cigarette smoke, I detest people smoking near me, I have complained in restaurants and pubs before the smoking ban BUT nobody in the studio complained, so stop the fascism.

"The BBC reports "Anti-smoking campaigners have asked the BBC to apologise after Top Gear presenters Jeremy Clarkson and James May lit pipes on Sunday's show.

"Smoking in a studio is illegal. We would hope programme-makers make some form of apology," said a spokeswoman for Action on Smoking and Health (Ash).

"There were no complaints from members of the audience present during the filming," she added. One audience member told the BBC News website: "No-one in the audience seemed to mind when they lit up - people laughed, although the room did get quite smoky.""

No comments: