StatCounter

Thursday 7 January 2010

Labour's scorched earth and false promises policy

I know that I have blogged before about Labour's seeming willingness to destroy as much as possible of the UK economy and to make as many impossible promises to the UK population so as to be able to attack an incoming Conservative government for not keeping them. However I read a comment on Iain Dales's blog this morning that I thought summed this up rather well. It's a fantasy piece by Bill Quango MP about the orders that David Cameroon will find had been given by Gordon Brown in his last days in Number 10:
"We cannot give any comfort to our enemies. You have failed to stop the Tory advance. You have failed me. The English are not worthy of my genius. We will leave nothing but scorched earth when we withdraw, without paying the slightest regard to the future needs of the population. I therefore order:
70 new bridges are built across the major and minor rivers, starting tomorrow. I want every airport to be granted funds for an additional runway and terminal. The high speed Glasgow London train link must be begun now, along with the Cardiff – Blackpool and Taunton to Hull lines.
The M25 must be immediately widened to 12 lanes. All schools are to have a ’social training centre storey added to the structure. All hospitals must take on full time 10 year contract staff in order to see all patients within 5 minutes. I demand a 1,000 years stockpile of salt at every county council.
Order another 5 aircraft aircraft carriers and step up PFI contracts for any remaining government buildings. Increase the DVLA to cover bicycles and childrens scooters and OAP mobility carts. Hire staff accordingly.
Unemployment must be reduced to zero by May. Just give people jobs anywhere and anything.
Release all asylum seekers with 10 year visas. Accept all immigration applications. Empty the prisons.
Council Tax is now reduced to £1 a household.

The people failed me. The cabinet failed me. I will not fail. I will destroy the finances of this country until the ‘Browns from Brazil’ are ready to return in around 18 years time."
Scarily true to life?

No comments: