StatCounter

Thursday 25 July 2013

The BBC's Nick Robinson spreading misinformation again

In this piece about the latest GDP figures Nick Robinson does his best to talk down the recovery, after all a recovery is not a recovery unless Labour say it is. But more concerning is the misinformation he spreads with this line:
'Today's figures tell a simple story. This is growth but - as they used to say on Star Trek - not as we know it.'
I presume that Nick Robinson is grasping for the line "It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.". However this, to the best of my knowledge, was never said in the original Star Trek series.


On consulting with a bigger Trekkie than me, I am informed that the line "No life as we know it" was used in the episode The Devil in the Dark. But that's still not quite what Nick Robinson claimed. It looks to me like another factual failure by Nick 'toenails' Robinson.

In the meantime here's The Firm with Star Trekkin'





No comments: