StatCounter

Saturday 13 October 2007

A big day of sport

Well it is isn't it?

Cricket - One day International, England v Sri Lanka
Football - European Qualifier, England v Estonia
Rugby League - Challenge Cup Final, Leeds v St Helens
Rugby Union - World Cup Semi-Final, England v France

All would set for a perfect day, were it not for the fact that I am working today and so the first three events will be followed courtesy of 5 Live. However, by hook or by crook, I will be sat down in front of the television at 19:45 tonight with a nice piece of steak (Rosbif) and a decent bottle of Valpollicella.

My predictions for today, for what they are worth.
Cricket - Sri Lanka to win fairly easily
Football - England to win 1-0 in their usual boring way
Rugby League - St Helens to win at a canter
Rugby Union - France to win by more than 7 points - this is the only event that has me excited but I am as ever a pessimist when it comes to England in a sporting contest.

No comments: