StatCounter

Tuesday 4 August 2009

The BBC do the decent thing

My complaints to the BBC re their misrepresentation of my views re Peter Mandelson becoming PM have borne fruit. I have not received an email (other than an automated acknowledgement) from the BBC but the Newsnight article has now been corrected to read:
"Could Lord Mandelson ever oust Mr Brown and become the next PM? News Junction thinks it's certainly possible.

Under the posting Peter Mandelson for PM, Not A Sheep concludes Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Peter Mandelson... a downward slope of honesty and probity there but ability?"
Of course being the BBC it has been a stealth edit as the page still claims "Page last updated at 17:38 GMT, Friday, 31 July 2009 18:38 UK" which is of course somewhat misleading/untrue. However credit where credit is due, the BBC have reacted to my complaint fairly swiftly. I await their email of explanation with interest.


To paraphrase Bobby Fuller and indeed the Clash - "I fought the Beeb and I won"; well maybe.