StatCounter

Sunday 2 August 2009

Newsnight - a complaint

Following my posting about Newsnight's The Buzz misrepresenting my views about the likelihood of Peter Mandelson becoming leader of the Labour party, I have decided to complain to the BBC and see how responsive our BBC is.

Here's the email I sent newsnightwebteam@bbc.co.uk and NewsnightInvestigations@bbc.co.uk

"I am rather upset at The Buzz for 31 July. It includes a reference to a piece on my blog that completely misrepresents what I said. The Buzz's piece states that "Could Lord Mandelson ever oust Mr Brown and become the next PM? News Junction thinks it's certainly possible.

However, Not A Sheep laughs at the suggestion saying Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Peter Mandelson... a downward slope of honesty and probity there."

To the contrary my blog entry that The Buzz refers to actually argues the opposite point, that Peter Mandelson could well become the next leader of the Labour Party and concludes that "Who better to ensure that the UK is forever bound into the EU than Peter Mandelson, the man with the EU pension and thus the possible question mark regarding his loyalty to the UK relative to the EU?".

I would request that you publish a correction to your original piece, assuming that facts matter to Newsnight.


Kind regards

NotaSheep"
I have also made a complaint through the BBC's complaint department; I wonder what will transpire...

No comments: