StatCounter

Sunday 2 August 2009

Why is the UK more and more coming to resemble a Soviet bloc country?

I have blogged previously about the Olympic vehicles only traffic lanes that will be instituted across London in 2012 and why I believe that this Labour government would happily keep them after the Olympics as lanes for state authorised transport. So I was unsurprised to learn that the politicised police have been given powers to enter private homes and seize political posters during the London 2012 Olympics. I was even less surprised to learn that the legislation had been so loosely drafted that they could be used to clamp down on almost any forms of legitimate protest.

This Labour government apparent determination to crush any dissent and to accumulate power and privilege for itself reminds me more and more of the former Soviet bloc regimes. Maybe the Marxist/Trotskyite backgrounds of so many senior Labour politicians has had another effect...

No comments: