StatCounter

Monday 4 February 2013

Chris Huhne changes his plea

It is being reported that the former Liberal Democrat cabinet minister Chris Huhne has pleaded guilty to perverting the course of justice over claims his ex-wife Vicky Pryce took speeding points for him.

As he has changed his plea, presumably he will want to pay for a large part of the police and CPS costs which were only necessary because he originally pleased not guilty...

Somehow I doubt that and instead the court will take into his guilty plea (and not the wasted time prior to it)in reducing his sentence. I doubt that he'll even get a custodial sentence and if he does it will be less than a year and so, I believe, that he will be able to resume his role as MP.

Remember back in February last year, almost exactly a year ago in fact, the BBC reported Chris Huhne thus:
"I am innocent of these charges and I intend to fight this in the courts and I am confident that a jury will agree."

No comments: