StatCounter

Thursday 28 February 2013

The BBC will try anything to protect their Labour party allies

On 14 February I submitted a complaint to the BBC about their biased coverage of the horsemeat story. My coverage of this complaint can be read here.

Yesterday I received this dismissive response:
'Dear Mr Goat,
Thank you for your email. As you may be aware the BBC's guidelines on complaints stipulate that we will not entertain complaints from people who remain anonymous.
http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/assets/files/pdf/regulatory_framework/protocols/2012/complaints_fr_work_ed_complaints.pdf
For that reason we cannot take your complaint further.
Thank you.'
I have responded:
'Thank you for your response. The only trouble is your excuse is incorrect.

Here's an email to me from the BBC from November 2012:

>
> NewsOnline Complaints
>
>
> to me
> Dear Mr MaybeaGoat
>
> Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have fixed the map on this story to show Egypt.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Middle East desk
> BBC News website

I am also in correspondence with 'Lucy Tristram Complaints Advisor, BBC Trust Unit' re a complaint of mine that was escalated to the BBC Trust.

I have also been in extensive correspondence with 'Tarik Kafala, Middle East editor, BBC News website' regarding several matters over the past few years.


I await your substantive response to my original email.


Kind regards

NotaSheep MaybeaGoat


PS: Newsonline, Lucy Tristram and Tarik Kafala all managed to reply to 'Mr MaybeaGoat', rather than 'Mr Goat', could you try and get that right as well.'


I await their reply...

No comments: