StatCounter

Tuesday 19 February 2013

The BBC, any excuse to criticise David Cameron - and a fine example of the tolerance of the left

The BBC have found another excuse to remind us of Johnny Marr's petulant forbidding of David Cameron from liking The Smiths' music. This time it's Johnny Marrs 50th birthday:
'Johnny Marr was only 23 when he left The Smiths in 1987. Now in the year when he turns 50, he is releasing his debut solo album "The Messenger".

In between times, he has had spells in Talking Heads, The Pretenders and The The.

In 2007 he had his first ever US number one album after joining US indie group Modest Mouse.

Johnny Marr told the BBC's arts correspondent Colin Paterson about why he has now decided to go solo - and admitted that he is still angry David Cameron picked The Smiths on Desert Island Discs.'
The BBC's always attacking the Conservatives attitude is finely displayed there as a Dessert Island Discs apearance from 2006 by David Cameron has to be brought up as a chance to denigrate the Prime Minister.


My message to Johnny Marr is this - I loved your music when I was a teenager and I love it still. Most of my views make David Cameron look like the liberal that he is and if you want to 'forbid' me from liking The Smiths go right ahead, I'll treat your order with the respect it deserves.

Now I think I'll put a Smiths cd on as I drive to work in my petrol guzzling car, to work at a capitalist company before lunching on the rarest steak that I can find. Because that's what liberty is about - freedom. Freedom from left wing revolutionaries telling me what to do.Hopefully before too long also freedom from ending the BBC's relentless pumping of left-wing propaganda into the UK's collective mind.

1 comment:

Davieboy said...

Well said!