StatCounter

Sunday 9 March 2014

Well he was right

Before the World Indoor Athletics Championships Richard Kilty said what he could achieve...
'Richard Kilty wants to show he deserves a place in the World Indoors 60m... the Teesside sprinter beat French duo Christophe Lemaitre and Jimmy Vicaut, and American Mike Rodgers last Saturday, all of whom have broken the 10-second barrier over 100 metres.

"I think I can run sub 6.50. I was a little fatigued in Birmingham on Saturday having raced three hard rounds in the UK trials the weekend before.

"There are little things to improve on technically in terms of being a little tense, and leaning for the line a little too early.

"If I can run that perfect race, there's so many guys within a couple of hundredths that I think I can go to Poland and win."But that's the case for a lot of athletes. My first target is make the final as then anything can happen."'

In Poland he did indeed make the final, break 6.50 in the final (running 6.49) & so win gold by hundredths of a second. Well done Richard Kilty. 

More of that pre tournament interview here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/26264924

No comments: