StatCounter

Sunday 23 March 2008

Microsoft do it again

I see that the BBC have finally realised that Microsoft have released Service Pack 1 (SP1) for their Vista Operating System. Being a Microsoft update there had to be problems and this is no exception - "Microsoft has warned that the update could clash with some security software and other programs customers may have installed on their machine...In late February Microsoft released a list of programs that SP1 could break when it was installed. Among those listed were anti-virus programs from BitDefender and Trend Micro."

Having experienced the initial teething issues with Vista I was not a fan, although I must admit the last few Vista installs have been trouble free, so the thought of SP1 should fill me with joy... However for someone reason I have a bad feeling...

1 comment:

John M Ward said...

Oh, dear!

Even I have to have one (currently Vista) Microsoft-based computer these days (my serious work is still done on my British RISC OS computers, as always), mainly for reading PowerPoint files and some video formats, so I shall no doubt encounter this so-called 'Service Pack' anytime now...

Hopefully all will go well, and it will not clash with my NOD32 security software(!) At least I can still do virtually all of my council work without the 'Wintel Box'.