StatCounter

Tuesday 24 April 2018

The collapse of Jeremy Corbyn's antisemitism round table is telling per The Jewish Chronicle

This Jewish Chronicle article https://www.thejc.com/comment/comment/the-collapse-of-jeremy-corbyn-s-antisemitism-round-table-is-telling-1.462990 is a must read. This is the key part that antisemitism enablers like the BBC and Jeremy Corbyn should bloody well read and keep rereading until it sinks in.

'If the only way a person identifies as Jewish is in opposing the right of the State of Israel to exist, then I do begin to question the use of that Jewish identity.

I'm not saying they're not Jewish. I'm not suggesting they can't oppose the State of Israel. But they cannot claim to do so 'as a Jew', if they do absolutely nothing else, at all, ever, 'as a Jew'.

There are many ways to identify as Jewish. Jewish identity is not homogenous. It can be religious, or cultural, or familial, and many other things besides. But it does have to be something. If the only time a person calls upon their Jewish identity is in order to use it as a means of legitimising anti-Zionist philosophy, then I call BS.

You don't get to call your voice Jewish, if you only raise it to criticise Israel. (And yes, I am well aware that Hitler would have disagreed with my definition of Jewishness. But, unless I've read history wrong all these years, I'm pretty sure that disagreeing with Hitler is a good thing.)'

Understand? 

No comments: