StatCounter

Monday 7 May 2007

Where to begin?

One of the first subjects that made me realise that the Beeb wasn't the source of impartial information that I had been lead to believe it was, was its coverage of the EEC/EU. The unquestioning support of the European Project started out as an annoyance but as I read more about how the EU functioned and aggregated power to itself at the expense of its constituent countries governments, I began to realise that I was being fed a politically biased line. This feeling was exacerbated during the 1990s as the BBC used Europe as a stick with which to beat the hated (by the BBC at least) Conservative government.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If youi want to explore in detail the BBC's bias on the EU, it's worth exploring the Global Britain website www.globalbritain.org - there are several reports on the topic.