StatCounter

Friday 19 October 2007

They did it




I remember twice seeing a Vulcan bomber flying when I was but NotaLambMaybeaKid and each time thought it looked fantastic. I have seen the Vulcan at Duxford, a wonderful looking plane and you can get so close to it. I recently read Vulcan 607, about the mission to bomb the runway at Port Stanley airport during the mission to retake the Falklands, a real story of derring do and logistics.

However the big story is that the Vulcan to the Sky people did succeed and got XH558 back in the air, and back down again, this week. You can see video footage of this here and here. Whilst I am in the mood here are some more video clips of XH558 in earlier times here and here and here and here and other Vulcan footage here and here.

Read a news article here.

I am a bit of a Vulcan fan as you can tell.

No comments: