StatCounter

Sunday 16 March 2008

"Mr Balls is by some distance the most repulsive member of Her Majesty's Government"

Not my words, but those of Simon Heffer in his column in yesterday's Telegraph. His column covers the way that MPs can change the Hansard record to cover their embarrassment (as I have also covered) and has some rather pithy analysis of Ed Balls' character.

However in reading the line I have used as a heading for this post, I was reminded of the Major in Fawlty Towers; when the American guest says "This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at!" the Major jumps to Fawlty Towers' defence by saying "No! I won't have that! There's a place at Worthing!". I feel something similar - "Mr Balls is by some distance the most repulsive member of Her Majesty's Government" - No, no I won't have that, there's Gordon Brown, Jack Straw, David Miliband and Harriet Harman for starters...

No comments: