StatCounter

Monday 27 October 2008

The BBC and not the full story

The BBC excitedly report that:
"The top newspaper in the home state of Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin has endorsed Democratic candidate Barack Obama for president.

Alaska's largest-circulation paper, the Anchorage Daily News, said state governor Mrs Palin was "too risky" to be one step away from the presidency.

In an editorial it says her nomination "captivated" Alaskans but that must not "overwhelm all other judgment".

The focus should be on John McCain, it said, calling him the "wrong choice"."
Is this really big news?

Well here is a list of newspapers' endorsements at the 2004 Presidential election and the Anchorage Daily News endorsed John Kerry (the Democrat candidate).

here is a list of newspapers' endorsements in the 2000 Presidential election and the Anchorage Daily News endorsed Al Gore (the Democrat candidate).


I can't find lists for 1996 or earlier but I think I can see a pattern emerging, I wonder why the BBC with its huge journalistic staff can't... No I think I know the answer to that.

No comments: