StatCounter

Sunday 28 June 2009

That just doesn't make sense

The Telegraph yesterday was commenting on airline extras and concentrating on Ryanair. Whenever I compare prices between British Airways (my airline of choice) and the "budget airlines" I find that by the time the extras have been added the prices are not too far apart and I'd rather fly with an airline that has a reputation to protect.

One sentence caught my eye yesterday:
"Ryanair is to ban hold luggage and force passengers to carry their own bags on to aircraft in an attempt to cut costs"
Just a moment, if Ryanair ban hold luggage then that leaves just cabin luggage and passengers have always carried that themselves; so what's the change? My guess is that the report is wrong and the plan is actually for passengers to carry their hold luggage to the plane where it is loaded into the hold; thus saving some costs and also sparing passengers' bags from the handling of airport baggage handling. Maybe someone knows the truth or the Telegraph could check their facts and journalist's logic.

No comments: