StatCounter

Monday 23 November 2009

Excellent quiz based on the Climate Research Unit (CRU) at the University of East Anglia's hacked emails

Try the excellent quiz at The Shadow Lands and you will be amazed at what you discover.

Meanwhile here's another extract from the email database that I think is quite astonishing (my emphasis):
"Just sent loads of station data to xxxx. Make sure he documents everything better this time ! And don't leave stuff lying around on ftp sites - you never know who is trawling them. The two MMs have been after the CRU station data for years. If they ever hear there is a Freedom of Information Act now in the UK, I think I'll delete the file rather than send to anyone. Does your similar act in the US force you to respond to enquiries within 20 days? - our does ! The UK works on precedents, so the first request will test it. We also
have a data protection act, which I will hide behind
. yyyy has sent me a worried email when he heard about it - thought people could ask him for his model code. He has retired officially from UEA so he can hide behind that. IPR should be relevant here, but I can see me getting into an argument with someone at UEA who'll say we must adhere to it !"


Openness and willingness to have data and conclusions checked not much in evidence there...

No comments: