StatCounter

Friday 18 December 2009

Am I immature for thinking where's Groucho when watching this video?


The video is the first ever video of the UK cabinet meeting in 10 Downing Street, it is of Andrew Bonar Law's Conservative government. A fantastic period piece and interesting to see the moving faces of some figures who I know of but have never seen except in news photos. I had two problems when watching this video; first that the title cards put me in mind of a Charlie Chaplin film, as did the moustaches of the Duke of Devonshire and Viscount Peel and second that in the opening sequence I kept wondering when Grouco Marx was going to enter the room.

The video is from a fascinating Times article that has video of every Prime Minister from David Lloyd George to the current idiot.

No comments: