StatCounter

Thursday 30 September 2010

Tony Curtis R.I.P.

Tony Curtis has died and a great actor has been lost to the world.

Thankfully he has left a lot of great memories; for me mainly of 'Some Like It Hot', one of the greatest films ever made and one that I can watch over and over again. Here are some clips:
The beach scene where Daphne (Jack Lemmon) and Sugar (Marilyn Monroe) are on the beach, Josephine (Tony Curtis) turns into Shell Oil Junior...


The tango/seduction scene on the ship...



And this clip from 'Some Like It Hot'; whilst it does not include Tony Curtis he is sitting in the rear of the boat and I love this scene so much!



Finally a clip from 'The Persuaders', my apologies for Roger Moore's shirt and cravat combo...


And as a postscript, remember Tony Curtis's comment that "I wouldn't be caught dead marrying a woman old enough to be my wife."

No comments: