StatCounter

Thursday 25 November 2010

Five questions that I don't think I will get an answer to

Mary Honeyball (Labour MEP) has just posted an intriguing blogpost that ends thus:
'I have always been in favour of joining the single currency and, I must say, am once again beginning to feel vindicated that my point of view is the best one for our country.'
I have asked her five questions, do you think I'll get some sensible answers?

'Five questions for you re the implications of the UK joining the Euro:

1) If the UK had joined the Euro more than two years ago would you expect UK interest rates to be lower or higher now?

2) If the UK joined the Euro within the next six months would you expect interest rates to rise or fall?

3) If the UK joined the Euro within the next six months would you expect  the UK's credit default swaps to rise by more or less than 300 bps?

4) What economics qualifications do you have that enable you to state that 'joining the single currency ... is the best one for our country'

5) If you are so certain that 'joining the single currency ... is the best one for our country' would you support a referendum to put this question to the UK electorate?


I await your considered responses with some interest.'


UPDATE: 14:34
Mary Honeyball did you enjoy your visit to my Blog? I see that someone from http://maryhoneyballmep.wordpress.com/wp-admin/index.php has just paid me a visit. Does this mean I will be receiving answers to my questions or are you just looking for ways of dismissing my views?

No comments: