StatCounter

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Spoiling the narrative

I have not commented on the murders in Toulouse until now; firstly because it was just so horrible a story and also because I didn't want to comment before I knew who had carried out the attacks. So when I turned on the radio this morning what do I hear? That despite the previous BBC pushed narrative that the perpetrator was likely to be a right-wing 'extremist', he was in fact an Islamic 'extremist'. I am not sure why someone who kills multiple people and leaves a city in terror is still deemed to be an extremist rather than a terrorist, but that's the BBC.

The BBC now seem to be trying to see if they can frame the debate as whether Nicholas Sarkozy now moves to the right and also dipping a toe into the water of blaming Israel's actions for an Islamic terrorist killing French Jewish children.

No comments: