StatCounter

Thursday 18 April 2013

Jeremy Clarkson on the BBC and Lady Thatcher’s funeral

"Hymns … than a beardy man in a frock gave a broadcast for the Labour Party" – Jeremy Clarkson in today's Sun. I can't find it online but it's worth paying 40p for the paper just to read it …
"I was abroad when Baroness Thatcher died. But the BBC's impartial website kept me abreast of the mood back in Britain.
They told me that people were pouring out of their homes to rejoice at the news. There were street parties and spontaneous outpouring of joy.

I only met Mrs Thatcher once and all she could talk about was the hopeless left-wing bias of the BBC.

On the morning of the event, I checked the BBC website for updates and the news was grim. They were talking about massive protests … They were even advertising a Facebook page to help those who wanted to go along and throw some fruit …

Nothing was thrown. Apart from a few flowers. And if anybody jeered they were drowned out by the applause. Looks like the BBC got it spectacularly wrong."

No comments: