StatCounter

Friday 26 March 2010

The BBC at it again (and a personal note)

The BBC have a very short piece headlined 'Hoon admits interview 'mistakes' '. I will quote the whole article as it seems strangely short and lacking in information to me:
'Labour MP Geoff Hoon has admitted he got it "wrong" after he was filmed saying he wanted to turn his contacts in government into money.

Mr Hoon and two other former ministers were suspended for bringing the party into "disrepute" after revelations in the Dispatches programme.

Mr Hoon said he "should not have said some of the things I said", adding that he had been "showing off".

But he insisted he was not offering to lobby ministers in return for cash. '
How peculiar, is Geoff Hoon admitting to lying to the 'lobbyists', it doesn't seem that way to me. Indeed if you read the last two quotes again... "should not have said some of the things I said" and "showing off" then it could be deduced that Geoff Hoon thinks that what he did "wrong" was get caught.

It seems to me that one reading of this brief article is that Geoff Hoon has acknowledged he made an error in saying what he shouldn't and that he was not offering to lobby ministers in return for cash but there is no denial that he ever lobbied ministers (or others) in return for payment in the past.

The other oddity about this article is that there is no link back to the original news report so as to set this in context, unlike normal BBC practice. There is something very odd about this Geoff Hoon confession story, very odd indeed.




Yes I have restarted blogging after yesterday's hiatus but I must admit to not feeling the enthusiasm I had prior to reading that vile BBC article that I blogged about yesterday. Thanks to the three people who wished me well in my Comments section; for some odd reason Blogger would only let me post Craig's comment but I appreciate all three. Blogging will be lighter than normal until I regain my blogging mojo.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Glad you're back