StatCounter

Sunday 15 August 2010

"Whatever they offer you, don't feed the plants"

I am a big fan of Little Shop of Horrors, I loved the West End musical and the film is regularly watched in this house. So I was surprised to find that the original film ending was not the happy life in the suburbs one that I like the kitschness of but a much darker one. Thanks to You Tube here is that original ending in three parts...


Audrey dies and asks to be sacrificed to Audrey II so she can be 'somewhere green' and help Seymour to be successful. The sacrifice scene is rather reminiscent of athe scene following Frankenfurters death in the Rocky Horror Picture Show






The Audrey IIs take over the Earth so beware and "Whatever they offer you, don't feed the plants"


So which ending do I prefer? The original is closer to the spirit of the stage musical which I seem to remember had the faces of Audrey II's victims as flowers and does show that crime and greed do not pay. But I do like the happy ending as well!

No comments: