StatCounter

Tuesday 21 June 2011

2 + 2 = 3.7 at the BBC

The BBC report  Jack Warner's resignation form FIFA thus:
'The man at the centre of recent bribery allegations in world football, Fifa vice-president Jack Warner, has resigned from his post.

He had already been suspended, but now the inquiry into whether he was involved in any corruption at the heart of the game has been dropped.'
I would have thought that the relevant FIFAstatement would have explained better what had happened and maybe why:
"As a consequence of Mr Warner's resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained,"

4 comments:

Geoff said...

Nice bit of revisionism there. Would you not like to mention that Dan Roan's report includes the statement, and that the text you quote is merely the intro to a video report? Or were you hoping that no-one would click on the link and just take you at your fatuous word?

Not a sheep said...

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I quoted the text because like many people I don't watch every piece of video. The fact that I identified may well be in the video clip but if it's not in the text then it somewhat slants the report.

I try not to get abusive with commenters on my blog but you are getting very close to receiving some well-deserved abuse.

Geoff said...

The whole point of the link is the video, the text acts as a mere introduction. That would be like buying a newspaper, reading the headlines and then not bothering with the article. Which is probably what you do....

Not a sheep said...

Unfortunately I tend to read newspapers cover to cover but then I suppose I am unusual/special!

If you have such a low opinion of me, why do you sully yourself by visiting here? Surely your massive intelligence would be better served by you frequenting a more intelligent blog. Trust me I will not miss you if you decide to go elsewhere.