StatCounter

Thursday 1 April 2010

Is this the BBC's April Fool?

The BBC report that:
'Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg could be the surprise winner of the UK's general election, former US presidential candidate Howard Dean has said.

...

Mr Dean, who was briefly frontrunner for the 2004 Democratic Party nomination and whose infamous "Iowa scream" - a yelp of defiance at a campaign rally - became an internet hit, said Mr Clegg believes he can win outright.

...

"I know the Liberals, I know Nick Clegg very well, and he intends to win this and I think they could.

"So you may have a hung Parliament but I think you won't have a coalition. At least not that coalition going forward."

Asked if Mr Clegg could be the next British prime minister, Mr Dean said: "I think he could".'
Will the BBC stop at nothing in order to boost the 'hung Parliament' narrative and particularly the prospects of the Lib Dems?

No comments: