StatCounter

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Victoria Derbyshire and another BBC ambush of a Conservative MP

Victoria Derbyshire was hosting her 5Live program from Westminster today and what fun it was. Mostly nothing out of the ordinary but then there was the ambush of Conservative MP Brian Binley from around 30:15 on the linked audio. For some reason I was reminded of the interview with Nicholas Winterton back in February that was turned into a train travel story.

"Brian Binley remind me you did have to pay some money back in the end didn't you?"
"Oh ho ho, Brian Binley... (shrilly) I thought you were ordered to pay back £1,500... Is this the new era, is this the new era...?" I wonder why Victoria Derbyshire was so hyped up at this point, she had not been noticeably hyper before this. Maybe she was unhappy that the Labour party are no longer in power and psyched up for the ambush? The noises off and asides from at least some of the 'Common Sense' people seems to suggest that they knew may have known what was coming in this part of the programme. I wonder if/when this ambush was planned?

Do also enjoy the comment at around 34:07 from one of the 'pack' "I think the BBC is unbiased, it has to be" and Brian Binley's amused laughter in response, I wonder if he is a visitor to any of the blogs that monitor BBC bias? I wonder if he feels it is something that he should take an interest in?


Apologies for the late posting of this piece but I have been busy at work today and had no time to blog between hearing this part of the programme in the car and starting work.

No comments: