StatCounter

Sunday 17 February 2013

My disappointment Mrs Thatcher didn't die in the Brighton bomb - by Labour's Eastleigh candidate | Mail Online

'The Labour candidate in the crucial Eastleigh by-election said he wished Margaret Thatcher had been murdered in the IRA attack on Brighton's Grand Hotel.

Left-winger John O'Farrell felt  a 'surge of excitement' when he heard of the attempted assassination in 1984 and was 'disappointed' the terrorists failed.

He asked himself repeatedly: 'Why did she have to leave the bathroom two minutes earlier?' The bathroom of Lady Thatcher's suite was wrecked in the explosion. She had been in it shortly before the bomb went off.'

More in The Mail

I have John O'Farrell's book. It's quite well written but reeks of student lefty thought. I expect Ed Miliband's autobiography will read similarly. Except Ed Miliband he was happy to pose smiling next to this pleasant chap in this offensive t-shirt.

 Any comments Ed Miliband?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the time my Aunt, a staunch labour voting shop steward said the same thing. She changed her mind whilst visiting my wife and I in Cornwall, as whilst on a country walk they met and had a drink and were even given a lift by Lady T and her husband.

I will never forget the guilty and embarrassed way she admitted "And I wished that poor woman dead". It took her a long time to see through the hatred, but she got there eventually.

She's now in her 70s and says she's going to vote UKIP if she makes the next election.