StatCounter

Monday 18 February 2013

Richard Briers R.I.P.

I was saddened to hear of the death of Richard Briers today. As regular readers of this blog will know, I am quite a fan of The Good Life, the sitcom that first brought Richard Briers to my attention.

Admittedly I have concentrated previously here more upon some of the attributes of Felicity Kendall rather than Richard Briers but I was still a fan of his. What shocked me was that in the first episode Richard Briers was portraying a man of just 40, at the time I thought he was much older; now not so much - tempus fugit.

Here's the first eight and a half minutes of the very first episode of The Good Life


I've posted the following advert before, it's of a Polaroid advert and just reeks of the 1970s



And yes although I have previously concentrated upon Felicity Kendal's part in this clip, Richard Briers shows fine comedic acting skills (his timing is wonderful). The highlight of the scene is at around 2:57


Richard Briers you gave me, and others, much pleasure over the years, I hope it was a Good Life.

No comments: