StatCounter

Wednesday 8 February 2012

What is going on in British schools?

Yesterday's Telegraph informed us about the Queen's visit to Dersingham Infant and Nursery School on the 60th anniversary of her accession to the throne. It would have been just another article had it not been for this passage about the entertainment laid on by this a class of three and four year old children:
'... she had a tour of the classrooms and watched a 15-minute play about the changes that the country has seen during her 60-year reign.

She beamed throughout the performance as all 130 pupils performed the Time Warp, complete with dance moves, from the Rocky Horror Show.'
I love the Rocky Horror Show and enjoy doing the Time Warp myself but wonder if a song that enjoins people that "it's the pelvic thrust that really drives me insaaaaane" is really appropriate for children as young as three.

2 comments:

deegee said...

Hi,
Did you finally get your BBC complaint answered? I blogged about mine on Expedited BBC I'd love to hear your response.

PS. I'm assuming Not a Sheep and My Site (Click to Edit) are different people.

David

Not a sheep said...

I did not receive a response from the BBC, I think I will chase them up later.

I can confirm that I am not connected to My Site (Click to Edit) but I do admire his persistence.