StatCounter

Monday 19 September 2011

How very predictable is this news?

The Telegraph reports, coincidentally I am sure, under a piece about Henry Kissinger watching as historian Niall Ferguson married Ayaan Hirsi Ali who lives under a fatwa; that:
'Songs of Muslim praise
Loyal viewers of Songs of Praise may be in for a surprise. The BBC is considering featuring other religions in the Christian programme, which celebrates its 50th anniversary with a special featuring Sir Cliff Richard on Sunday night.

“I think there’s no reason why we couldn’t explore other faiths,” says Tommy Nagra, the programme’s executive producer, who is Sikh. He is careful to add, however: “They would always be done through the Christian prism.”'
I am not sure where to begin with commenting on this story; so I will just say that if the BBC does take this step, and I think that many there would like to, I give it a year at the most before the 'Christian prism' is broken. I also predict that whilst Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Judaism will be left analysed and criticised on the margins,  Islam will be placed very carefully and reverentially front and centre.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

catch a grip mate