StatCounter

Wednesday 21 September 2011

The new series of Two and a Half Men

The new series of Two and a Half Men, the post-Charlie Sheen series, premiered on British TV last night. You may have noticed me Tweeting during the programme, much to the annoyance of Mrs NotaSheep.

My thought... Charlie Sheen was always going to be a hard act to follow and a large hole to fill. Time will tell whether Ashton Kutcher can fill the role but the writing of the first post-Charlie episode was tight and full of great one liners. Ashton Kutcher's character did move around a bit; a shy man suddenly bagged himself a threesome but it gave Jon Cryer space to do his thing and that was mostly enjoyable. The funeral scene was full of nastiness about Charlie Sheen as I presume was the programme's intention; there is apparently no love lost between the producers and Charlie Sheen. The return of Rose as the alleged killer of Charlie was a nice touch, will they dare have that character obsess over Charlie's replacement as she did over Charlie?

There were some nice one-liners in the first episode, I especially enjoyed:
Walden "I'm Walden"
Judith "I'm impressed"

"I really don't think Pamela Anderson would agree to swallow your ashes"

"update my Facebook status to 'Not dead Yet"

"Really; you bought a Zune?!"

"I can't get the image of your penis out of my mind"
I presume that the large penis gag (pun intended) will run and run.



All in all a good first episode and I will continue watching. Will a new leading man be an excuse to bring back April Bowlby/Candy to bag her third man of the house?
What about Jenny McCarthy/Courtney?


No comments: