StatCounter

Thursday 15 September 2011

Oh wow! Thank you if you voted for this blog

I have just been referred to the Total Politics Top 50 right wing blogs awards for 2011 and I see that this blog has risen from number 50 last year to number 35 this year. I am in a slight state of shock as when I started this blog I never really thought that it would amount to anything and really only started it as a form of therapy.

I suppose that it is natural for me to look at those blogs rated in the top 10 or 20 and wonder how I could ever catch them up - and of course I doubt that I ever could. Maybe more interesting is to look at those somewhat nearer to my blog. Am I really only rated two places below Melanie Phillips, can I therefore expect a call soon from Radio 4's The Moral Maze? Actually I have had offers to appear on the BBC and that is a story that I must tell soon. Am I really rated 10 places above Toby Young, could I fill in for him occasionally on Radio 4's Today programme? Good grief I have just noticed that I am rated just eight places below Peter Hitchens.

I also find it interesting that this blog rates higher than two blogs that I follow closely: A Tangled Web and Theo Spark, albeit they are new entrants this year whilst I am now an old-stager.

Anyway  that's enough self-referential nonsense...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - you deserve it.