StatCounter

Friday 17 December 2010

The BBC, Israel and another wall

Biased-BBC have a fine spot of another piece of anti-Israel bias by the BBC, do read it all.

I didn’t see the broadcast myself, but my informant recounts that the ‘redacted passages’ are as follows:
“Even though they had been caught by an Israeli border patrol and were not really sure what to expect next, they said they now felt relatively safe.
That's because many migrants are fleeing persecution and poverty in their own countries, and even travelling across Egypt and the Sinai is fraught with danger.
Human rights groups accuse Egyptian border guards of shooting indiscriminately at them. Although officials insist they only fire at those who ignore repeated orders to stop, since July 2007, at least 85 people have been shot and killed trying to cross into Israel.
Many are also abused by the networks of trafficking gangs, who charge huge fees to transport them across the desert.”

“Coming here is a dream for me. I love Israel and I want to stay here.”
“It is thought that as many as 700 African migrants are crossing into Israel from Egypt every week.”

In case anyone should think that these passages are dispensable and that they ‘just happened’ to be the ones that got the chop, here’s Kirsty Lang’s introduction which sets the tone, ahead of Wyre Davies’s report:

”Israel has started building a huge wall around its SOUTHERN border … with Egypt. The controversial project which is costing hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars is designed to KEEP OUT thousands of African migrants who try to cross into Israel every year.”

The BBC's attitude to Israel stinks to high heaven.


By the way I have just received an email response to my recent complaints but I need to read it very carefully before I respond to it or post it here as it makes no sense on first reading!

No comments: