StatCounter

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Face to face with evil

Syria's President Bashar Assad warmly shakes the hand of met with Samir Kuntar, a man whose contribution to peace in the Middle East was murdering a father in front of his 4-year-daughter and then fatally smashing her skull with a rifle butt. Samir Kuntar was released from an Israeli jail in 2008 as part of a prisoner exchange and it would seem that he has been welcomed back into the Islamic fold.

Here's an extract from Smadar Haran Kaiser's recollections of the murderous attack:
'It had been a peaceful Sabbath day. My husband, Danny, and I had picnicked with our little girls, Einat, 4, and Yael, 2, on the beach not far from our home in Nahariya, a city on the northern coast of Israel, about six miles south of the Lebanese border. Around midnight, we were asleep in our apartment when four terrorists, sent by Abu Abbas from Lebanon, landed in a rubber boat on the beach two blocks away. Gunfire and exploding grenades awakened us as the terrorists burst into our building. They had already killed a police officer. As they charged up to the floor above ours, I opened the door to our apartment. In the moment before the hall light went off, they turned and saw me. As they moved on, our neighbor from the upper floor came running down the stairs. I grabbed her and pushed her inside our apartment and slammed the door.

Outside, we could hear the men storming about. Desperately, we sought to hide. Danny helped our neighbor climb into a crawl space above our bedroom; I went in behind her with Yael in my arms. Then Danny grabbed Einat and was dashing out the front door to take refuge in an underground shelter when the terrorists came crashing into our flat. They held Danny and Einat while they searched for me and Yael, knowing there were more people in the apartment. I will never forget the joy and the hatred in their voices as they swaggered about hunting for us, firing their guns and throwing grenades. I knew that if Yael cried out, the terrorists would toss a grenade into the crawl space and we would be killed. So I kept my hand over her mouth, hoping she could breathe. As I lay there, I remembered my mother telling me how she had hidden from the Nazis during the Holocaust. "This is just like what happened to my mother," I thought. As police began to arrive, the terrorists took Danny and Einat down to the beach. There, according to eyewitnesses, one of them shot Danny in front of Einat so that his death would be the last sight she would ever see. Then he smashed my little girl's skull in against a rock with his rifle butt.
That terrorist was Samir Kuntar.

By the time we were rescued from the crawl space, hours later, Yael, too, was dead. In trying to save all our lives, I had smothered her.'
They say that you can judge a man by his choice of friends, if so how should we judge Syria's President Assad?


Thanks to Israelly Cool for the spot.

1 comment:

Davieboy said...

Impossible not to post a comment here. What a pair of c**ts.
The President of a country shaking hands and smiling with a man who has cold-bloodedly bashed in the skull of a 4 year-old after making her watch her father die.
How the f*** can there ever be peace with these muderous scum?