StatCounter

Friday 26 December 2008

Harold Pinter RIH

When I heard that Harold Pinter had died my initial thought was "result" but then I felt bad for feeling that way. However I also read Samizdata's Perry de Havilland's thoughts on this matter:
"But I must say my favourite gift today was learning that Harold Pinter, a loathsome apologist for oh so many of the most vile mass murderers of modern times has finally dropped dead.

Good riddance and a pox on anyone who mourns his passing."


At least I was not alone in my feelings that the friend of people like Slobodan Milosevic was not the hero that the BBC believe he is. Although the BBC have swept away their Pinter page devoted to "Celebrating the life and works of Harold Pinter", how could they not celebrate the life a man who hated George Bush, Tony Blair and Israel whilst supporting CND and Fidel Castro's regime in Cuba.



In case you were wondering, RIH = Rest In Hell

No comments: