StatCounter

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Piers Morgan, the BBC and phone-hacking

As news breaks that the four civil cases against The Mirror Group have been given leave to proceed, I note two things:

1. the news has yet to make the BBC news website where a search for 'Piers Morgan' returns just this:
which is odd because every twist and turn in the cases against News International were headline news on the BBC

2. that a court will now be able to test the veracity of Piers Morgan's statement that:
"I have never hacked a phone, told anyone to hack a phone, or published any stories based on the hacking of a phone."
The BBC's obsession with destroying News International, The Mail, indeed any even vaguely right of centre news group that might dilute the spreading of their incessantly left-wing narrative is so blatant that it hardly bears mentioning.

I don't know if there was any phone-hacking at The Mirror Group, nor do I know if Piers Morgan knew of such activities (should there have been any) but I do look forward to the truth emerging - I just wonder if the BBC will report it as fully as they did the various News International cases.

No comments: