StatCounter

Monday 25 August 2008

50,000

Sometime later today or in the early hours of tomorrow morning my counter will hit 50,000 visits. I installed the counter some weeks after I started the blog so maybe I have already had that number of visitors, who knows...

I started this blog as a way of "sounding off" that was more productive than annoying Mrs NotaSheep by arguing with the radio or reading out endless articles from the newspapers. Now I find myself listening to the news or reading the papers with a metaphorical highlighter pen at the ready so I can have another story for the blog.

Has it been worth it so far? That is a hard question to answer; my work productivity has suffered but I have relished the challenge of researching and writing. Above all my interest in politics and the news has found a creative outlet and that has to be good.


My proudest moment so far was when I appeared at Number 90 in Iain Dale's "Guide to Blogging 2007: Top 100 Right of Centre Blogs". I found that incredibly encouraging for a newcomer with just over four months of blogging under my belt at that point to get such recognition.

Thus, my worst blogging moment will probably be if I drop out of this year's top 100 when it is announced in the next few weeks. The very thought of it has me shivering with fear...

No comments: