StatCounter

Saturday 26 September 2009

Autoplaying videos - how to stop them

I have had a few regular visitors complain about auto-playing video clips on this blog.

This is interesting, in a geeky sort of way, because I hadn't noticed that any annoying video was autoplaying on my site. But that could be because the only browser I normally use is Firefox with the Flashblock add-in. This add-in allows you to choose whether to play flash video or audio files, so nothing autoplays.

If you find yourself suffering with this problem then I suggest you swap to Firefox and Flashblock.

If you are an Internet Explorer then I believe Pop Up Cop and Stop Autoplay will do the job, although I have tried neither.


Of course another alternative would be mute your sound-card or turn off your speakers temporarily!

1 comment:

manwiddicombe said...

Another Firefox addon that does the trick is noscript (also prevents rickrolling).