StatCounter

Friday 30 January 2009

Photographers are terrorists - official

I have blogged many times before (see here and here) about the way that this most totalitarian Labour government and its police force are trying to stop people from using their cameras under the guise of anti-terrorism law. A few days ago I blogged about new EU legislation that could classify almost anyone as a subversive. Today I read that:
"New laws set to be passed in England and Canada would make it illegal to use bad language or take photographs of police officers, moving us further away from the idea of police as public servants and more towards the notion of cops assuming God-like status.

According to the British Journal of Photography, the Counter-Terrorism Act 2008, which is set to become law on February 16, “allows for the arrest and imprisonment of anyone who takes pictures of officers ‘likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism’.” The punishment for this offense is imprisonment for up to ten years and a fine."


This is not the Country that I thought I was living in; I want it back.

No comments: